Monday, June 9, 2008

Digital Zoom

I don't know about you, but I've always been disappointed in the "digital zoom" option offered on our other digital cams. But this one, I must say, is highly impressive. The cute cam has a 3x optical zoom, which is great, and then a 12x digital zoom. Here are some pics so you can see how it works.

Here we have the subject (the baby shoe) at a distance of appx 5 feet with no zoom:


With the optical (lens) zoom on it's highest - 3x.


Digital zoom at 5.8x


Digital zoom at 9x


Digial zoom at 12x - the other cams I've had with this feature, at this point, the image is grainy and just poor. But this is nice.


Here are some other fun shots I got today:

(if you can guess what this is, I'll send you a little something)


And an ice cube melting on our hot back patio

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Is it a drink coaster...

That is very cool how clear the pics are once you zoom. I agree that most cameras just make the pic grainy once you zoom.

Rachel said...

You win!! I didn't think it would be that easy, LOL. Something fab is on it's way to your home!

Jenny said...

Well it wasn't really all that easy...I figured it had to be something in your house and started looking back at all the pics from your blog...good old March 14th lying on the floor next to J is a drink coaster with the same design!

Rachel said...

oooo you are a smart one!! i love it!!

Jenny said...

LOL!!

Nichole, Jeff & Audrey (aka Peanut) said...

Wow I don't think I am that smart.. I hadn't a clue that is what it was.. I though it was the bottom of a shoe.. LOL silly me